Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Mental Health Counselor

Duties and Responsibilities:
Mental Health Counselors offer guidance to individuals, couples, families and groups who are dealing with issues that affect their mental health and well being.

Salary:
The median salary is about $39,118

Education
At minimum a mental health counselor must have a master’s degree in counseling from an accredited institution. But before entering to a master’s degree program the student must hold a bachelor’s degree from a 4 year university.  

Demand For this profession:
License of a mental health counselors is mandatory in most states. This usually requires a master’s degree and 2,000-4,000 hours of supervised clinical experience.


Reflection:

I don’t think I would like to be one because I wouldn’t like to hear other people's problems because I don’t think I would like to hear about others people’s problems

No comments:

Post a Comment